Translate

Monday, June 6, 2011

Happiness abounds? Zounds!

Maybe it's just the change of the season, with the days growing longer and warmer. Maybe it's knowing that summer vacation is only days away. Whatever the reason, I've been feeling bouncier and more relaxed of late. There's a lightness in my soul that I cannot explain. I started feeling this toward the end of last week, and my mood has yet to change. Oh yes; I'm still a doubting, distrusting, pessimistic misanthrope who would rather cower in her hole rather than venture out further into the world and embrace pure idealism, but I'm happier while I cower. I'm thinking it's because the school year is coming to an end and I'm getting ready for summertime and its adventures. I'm getting a little excited about the upcoming trip west with Mom - maybe that's part of it as well. I will also be pleased to say goodbye to the kids for a while. I'll be seeing most of them again in September, but they're done with the year and I think I'm ready to join them. A number of teachers and EA's agree with me, which is a relief.
I finished reading a twin-spin by Nietzsche recently and I greatly enjoyed it this second time. Now I just want to get my hands on 'Ecce homo'. Of late I've been tossing the phrase about in my head. It means 'Behold the man', and has been the subject of numerous paintings. It's what Pontius Pilate announced to the bloodthirsty public when he had Jesus brought out before them. I'm not sure what Nietzsche's take on the phrase will be, but it was the last book (if I recall correctly) he wrote before his psyche became more than he could handle. He never recovered, which is unfortunate. Meanwhile, I'm going to start reading 'The Tao of Physics', which sounds something like a contradiction in terms. I want to see if it is or if the two concepts can work together. I guess that's all I have to say where work and reading are concerned. I still have no idea why I'm feeling so buoyant of late.
When I figure it out, I'll let you know. BYE.

No comments: